It's been a fun week around our house. On Friday night, the kids had a friend over and we got out the HALLOWEEN decorations and got the front yard almost finished. There may still be some minor things we may add. They had so much fun, even if they were being goofy and singing Christmas songs, since they said they did not know the words to any Halloween songs. We have since made a CD of songs with the general theme of monsters, vampires etc to play in the car. Some examples are Monster Mash, Purple People Eater, Thriller, This is Halloween (from The night before Christmas), some theme music to TV shows such as Twilight Zone, and movie scores such as The Shining. We could not resist also adding some regular songs that myself and my husband like -- i.e.-- It's a dead man's party, Bloodletting (Concrete Blond).
Yesterday we went to the pumpkin festival a local pumpkin patch, we were there for 5 1/2 hours if you can believe it. There was so much to do:
* face painting
* small petting zoo
* super slides
* a hill shaped non enclosed inflatable bounce, they had a blast!
* water pumped plastic duck races
* haystacks to jump off of
* pedal bike race course
* a small train ride
* a corn kernel "sandbox"
* a egg hunt with orange and black eggs filled with small
Halloween themed treats.
* several small mazes for the little kids
* pony rides
* pig races -- The baby piglets were so cute racing around
the tract, fast too. The pot-belly pigs were slower.
* a seed spitting contest and a pie eating contest
* an apple canon , trying to hit two different flag targets
* a giant corn maze -- this year it was the logo of the
Washington Redskins,the team name and the same of the farm
spelled out. It took us 1 hour and 20 minutes to find our way
thru, everyone we ran into on the path was having trouble.
They also run the maze at night. I would not want to find my
thru this one with a flashlight.
* and of course a hayride to the PUMPKIN PATCH
I don't have the pictures uploaded to the computer yet, but will post some of the best ones which they are on.
• New Awesome Autumn CU and Re-Uploads •
6 months ago